- For the bun (around 6 buns)
- 560 gr. of 00 Flour
- 11 gr. of dry yeast
- 3 gr. of salt
- 6 gr. of instant yeast
- 30 gr. of sugar
- 320 ml. of whole milk
- 30 gr. of vegetable oil
- For the filling:
- 180 gr. of minced veal
- 3 Tuttocalabria sweet and sour PGI Tropea onions
- 3 Tuttocalabria dried tomatoes
- 1/2 of Tuttocalabria Calabrian Chili Peppers Paté
- 1 teaspoon of mayo
- 1 slice of Cheddar
- 1 slice of Pecorino
- 2 slice of jowl bacon
- Arugola, salt e pepper as needed
- Let’s start by preparing the dough for the bun. Put all the ingredients for the dough in a planetary or in a kitchen robot, be careful to put all the ingredients following the order that we used in writing the ingredients ( First flour, second dry yeast, third salt, fourth instant yeast, fifth sugar, sixth whole milk, seventh vegetable oil). Mix all the ingredients for about 7’/10’ minutes. Prepariamo l’impasto per creare i nostri panini “bun”. The dough will be ready when it has blended well and when I will no longer sticks to the pot.
- Transfer the dough on a floured surface and form a loaf. Put the loaf in abowl and let it rise until it doubles in volume ( leave it at least 4 hours). Then roll out the loaf on the floured surface and divide it in several pieces, 100 grams each. Every piece will be used to create one bun.
- To create the bun you should simply create a circle by flattening the 100 gr dough and then folds the circle on itself, then create some wrinkles on each “side” of the circle.
- Finally, shape the circle into balls by spinning with the hands for a few minutes the dough on the surface. Place the balls on a baking sheet covered with oven parchment. Cover with a napkin and leave them double in volume ( leave them for at least one hour).
- Once they are doubled, brush them with a beaten egg and sprinkle them with sesame seeds. Bake at 180 degree for twenty minutes. When they become brown remove them from the oven.
- Let’s create our burger
- First of all, add the needed salt and pepper to the minced meat and mixed them with your hands. If you do not have the burger mould, you can create it by using a pasta bowl. Create a first layer of meat, cover it with a sprinkled of pecorino and then cover it with the remaining minced meat.
- Cook over a low heat the jowl bacon in a pan so that it slowly releases its fat. When crunchy, set it aside and cook in the same pan the burger. Cook each side for about two minutes and immediately after turn off the heat, put the slice of cheddar on the hamburger and close the pan with lid so that the cheddar will melt on the meat.
- Now we can put together all the ingredients. Starting from the base add the mayo, the arugola, the Tuttocalabria sweet and sour onions, the hamburger with the cheddar, the jowl bacon, the Tuttocalabria dried tomatoes and finally the Tuttocalabria chili peppers pate, close with the upper part of the bun.
Have a good “Calabrization” you all.