Turkey rolls with raw ham, figs, savoy cabbage and Tutto Calabria’s sweet and sour PGI Tropea onions.
• 2 slices of turkey breast
• 5 Baked Figs
• 3 Tropea IGP onions preserved by the company Tutto Calabria
• 4 thin slices of raw ham
• Extra virgin olive oil
• Just enough salt
• 5 Savoy cabbage leaves
• 1 Potato
• Some sage leaves
• Some rosemary leaves
- Let’s take the two slices of turkey and spread them in a chopping board (if they are too high you can mash them with a meat mallet.
- On each slice of turkey, we add two slices of raw ham, the figs cut in half, rise slightly and roll the slices like a roast.
- Take a small pan, add a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil, a few leaves of sage, rosemary and the rolls. Let them brown on all sides and then blend them with a little white wine, bringing them almost to the end of cooking. Turn off the heat and let them cool for about thirty minutes so that when we cut them they will not crack.
- In the meantime take 5 cabbage leaves and cook them together with a peeled potato for about 15 minutes in salted water.
Once cooked we put them in a carafe, add extra virgin olive oil, a pinch of salt and activate the blender until we get a soft cream, like puree
- We take our rolls, cut them into slices and bake for about 5 minutes to 160 large with their sauce.
- Once ready, put the cabbage puree as the base of the dish, place our turkey slices on top, add their sauce and add an extra touch to the dish, add the sweet-and-sour onions from TuttoCalabria company.
Recipe made by @FrancescaGlam (https://www.instagram.com/francescaglam/) in collaboration with