Parmigiano Reggiano Tartlets with Tuttocalabria Jelly of PGI Tropea Onion
• 200 gr. of 00 flour
• 50 gr. of Parmigiano Reggiano
• Tuttocalabria PGI Tropea Onion Jelly
• Tuttocalabria Sweet and Sour PGI Tropea Onion
• 1 egg
• Salt as required
• 100 gr. of butter
- Mound the flour in the middle of a flat board. Add the Parmigiano Reggiano, a pinch of salt, one egg at room temperature, and finally the minced butter. the Sprinklefare the flour on a flat board, Disponiamo la farina a fontana e aggiungiamo il Parmigiano, un pizzico di sale, un uovo a temperatura ambiente e, infine, il burro tagliato a cubetti. Mix everything and work the dough.
- Once the dough is smooth and homogeneous create a sphere with it and wrap it with a trasparent film. Let it rest for at least 2 hours in the refrigerator.
- Once the dough is ready, roll it out with a rolling pin on a floured flat board until it reaches a thickness of about 5/6mm.
- Form several circles with a pasta cutter wheel, then butter the tartlet’s molds and finally put the short pastry inside the molds.
- Create small holes in the short pastry with a fork and then add the TuttoCalabria PGI Tropea Onion jelly.
- Bake at 180 degrees for about 20 minutes.
- Once ready, leave them cool down, finally add some “leaves” of the sweet and sour Tuttocalabria PGI Tropea Onion.
The recipee has been made by @Francesca Glam ( https://www.instagram.com/francescaglam/) in collaboration with @calabriafoodprn ( https://calabriafoodprn.it/)