Pumpkin rolls with Tuttocalabria’s Porcini mushrooms pesto
- 300 gr. Of Manitoba flour
- 200 gr. Of 00 flour
- 250 gr. of pumpkin without skin
- 40 gr. Of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 50 ml of water
- 1 egg
- 1/2 sachet of dried beer’s yest
- 1 jar of Tuttocalabria’s pesto of Porcini mushrooms of Sila
- Cut the pumpkin into cubes and cook it in the microwave with maximum power for around 10 minutes. Otherwise you can cook it in the traditional oven at 180 degrees for about 20 minutes.
- Once it is cooked, blend it with water and oil until you get a puree and set it aside. Put both the flours and the yest in a bowl of a stand mixer, stir the compound with a spatula until the yest is well blended that you can’t see it. Then, add to the mixture the puree together with one egg and knead with the hook attachment until the mix is nicely uniform ( it is stringed). If you do not have a stand mixer you can do all the steps by hand.
- Place your dough in a bowl and cover it with a trasparent film. Wait for the dough to double in volume, it usually takes from five to six hours, depending on the environment conditions. I advice you to put the bowl in the oven just turned off or in the oven off but with the light turned on.
- Once the dough has risen, dump it on a well floured surface and then roll it out by hand to create a rectangle. Sprinkle with a full jar of Tuttocalabria’s Porcini of Sila mushrooms’ pesto. Finally, roll the dough from the long edge.
- Now it is time to cut the dough rolls. Take the floss and put it under the roll, cross the ends of the floss to cut the dough to create rolls without crushing/pressing them.
- Let the rolls rise for another hour and a half, and then, bake at 180 C degree for 15/20 minutes. The rolls are better if served warm.
- Buon Appetito a tutti! Follow us on our Instagram page to stay updated on the latest spicy news and tag us in your dishes.