Fried omelette pasta balls stuffed with Tuttocalabria Round Peppers with Quartirolo Cheese PDO
- For the pasta balls:
• 300 gr. of Spaghetti
• 5 eggs
• 50 gr of grated Parmigiano Reggiano
• 30 gr of grated pecorino
• TuttoCalabria round peppers stuffed with Quartirolo Cheese PDO
• Salt as needed
• Piper nigrum as needed
• Parsley as needed
• Peanut oil ( for frying)
- Per la salsa:
• ½ kg of cherry tomatoes
• One TuttoCalabria Hot Long Chili Peppersc
• ½ shallot
• Fresh Basils
• TuttoCalabria dried oregano
• Extra Virgin EVO Olive Oil
- Cook the pasta and let it cool, in the meanwhile beat the eggs in a mixing bowl and add pecorino, Parmigiano Reggiano, salt, parsley, piper nigrum. Once everything is well mixed, add the cooked and cooled spaghetti and mix well.
- Cut a 20×20 cm square of cling film. On the square, put a portion of pasta ( around 40gr) with a TuttoCalabria round Pepper in the middle, close well the cling film to create a pasta ball. After having created all the balls put them in the freezer for 3 hours.
- In the meanwhile prepare the cherry tomatoes sauce, which will accompany the pasta balls. Brown the minced shallot, then add the cherry tomatoes, stirring occasinally. Once the sauce is cooked and it has reached the right consistency for you, add the salt, the TuttoCalabria Oregano, the TuttoCalabria chili pepper and the fresh basil.
- Heat the oil and when it is enough warm, fried the pasta ball ( still frozen). When the crust appears, you can remove the pasta balls from the oil. Plate the balls with a sprinkling of minced parsley and put the cherry tomatoes sauce in a bowl to dip the pasta balls inside.