Calabrian Chili Peppers’ Fried Pizza (Montanara) with San Marzano tomatoes and smoked provola.
- For the dough:
- 500 gr. 00 Flour
- 300 ml. of water
- 1 table spoon of salt
- 1 table spoon of Tuttocalabria crushed chili peppers
- 15 gr. of fresh yeast
- Sunflower oil as needed
- For the seasoning:
- Smoked provola
- Peeled San Marzano tomatoes
- Tuttocalabria Calabrian Chili Peppers Extra virgin Olive Oil
- Some fresh basil leaves
- A few rosemary flowers
- Place the flour on a cutting board, add in the centre the slightly warm water and add slowly the fresh yest until it is dissolved. Once the yest is dissolved, add in the centre the salt and a tablespoon of Tuttocalabria crushed chili peppers. Now, mix everything.
- Once the dough is smooth and homogeneous, put it in a bowl and close it with the film, let it rest for at least 5 hours.
- Once the dough has risen, create some dough balls and place them on a baking tray and leave them rise again for at least one hour.
- At this point, let’s prepare the seasoning. Put a little extra virgin olive oil in a pan and then add the peeled San Marzano tomatoes together with a pinch of salt. Leave to cook over low heat for around 15 minutes.
- Take your dough and slighlty roll it on a floured working surface. Give the shape of the typical “Montanara” shape ( the one showed above in the picture).
- Tale a cooking pot and put in it one liter of sunflower oil, preheat to 180 degrees. Check the oil temperature and once 180 degrees are reached, start frying the montanara dough.
- Once ready and golden, season with tomatoes, smoked provola ( minced or sliced as you prefer), a few basils leaves, a few rosemary flowers and finally a drop of Tutto Calabria Spicy Extra Virgin Olive Oil.